The Center for Responsible Nanotechnology has identified several separate and severe risks. Some of their concerns are:
• Economic disruption from an abundance of cheap products.
• Economic oppression from artificially inflated prices.
• Personal risk from criminal or terrorist use.
• Personal or social risk from abusive restrictions.
• Social disruption from new products/lifestyles.
• Collective environmental damage from unregulated products.
• Free-range self-replicators (grey goo).
• Black market in nanotech.
Was this article helpful?